Conference recognises that a zero-carbon economy has huge implications for the jobs of UCU members. Job creation and measures needed to meet climate targets must be a central focus for UCU strategy. We call upon the NEC to:
- Support the COP26 coalition. Mobilise for Glasgow and G7 events by supporting branches climate solidarity action with students, unions, and campaign organisations
- Review UCU activity and infrastructure and draw up a plan for the elimination of greenhouse gas emissions with a progress report to the 2022 conference
- Review all UCU training programmes and Branch guidance to ensure that the appointment of Green Reps and Green New Deal (GND) bargaining is referenced.
- Provide guidance to branches on engagement with local and regional authorities around green jobs and skills
- Establish a Climate Action Network with a formal role in UCU structure
- Support the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill Alliance