UCU members in further, adult and prison education are invited to register for UCU’s Fund the Future FE launch webinar: 7 July 2020 from 5:00pm till 6:15pm. Register here.
This event will launch UCU’s Fund the Future FE campaign. It will be the beginning of a discussion about the role of our sector post the Covid-19 crisis. A discussion document has been produced with input from members of UCU’s further education committee (FEC) to set out a vision and start the conversation which can be found here.
This exciting launch event will cover the many aspects of our complex sector and will be followed up by further webinars for each area.
Questions in advance are requested. Registrations will close for invites to the event at 12 noon on Tuesday 7 July and an invite link will be sent a few hours before the event so keep an eye on your inbox on the day.
UCU Fund the Future FE launch : reconstructing further, adult and prison education
Webinar 7 July 2020, 5pm 6:15pm
Chair: Janet Farrar, UCU vice president and chair of UCUs FEC
- Jo Grady, UCU general secretary
- Sean Vernell, UCU NEC member and joint vice chair of UCUs FEC
- Kevin Orr, Professor of Work and Learning University of Huddersfield
- Vicky Duckworth, Professor in Education Edge Hill University and Rob Smith, Professor of Education Birmingham City University
- Brian Hamilton, UCU NEC member representing prison education members
- Naina Kent, UCU NEC member representing adult and community learning members
- Delmena Doyley, UCU health and safety and membership officer Croydon College
- Marianne Quick, UCU bargaining and negotiations official leading on environment
The chair will also seek to take some questions from participants in response to the panel’s contributions on the evening.