Skip to content
- A Zero Covid strategy is an alternative to the chaotic policy of “living with the virus”, with its on-off lockdowns, needless deaths and illnesses, failed, privatised services, and damage to livelihoods.
- This requires a lockdown until cases are low enough for a publicly run Test, Trace and Support system to locate the remaining cases.
- Making a lockdown effective requires financial support and resources to empower collective discipline and social solidarity rather than crude police enforcement.
- Only workplaces with Covid Safe certification should be allowed to open until it is safe for restrictions to be lifted. Until cases are low enough, all non-essential workers should be supported to stay at home. The HSE must undertake effective enforcement
- To prevent transmission from international travel, hotel quarantine must be provided for everyone who travels to Britain.
- We encourage members to participate in the ZERO COVID campaign