The Home Secretary’s statement in Parliament yesterday is good as far as it goes. She promises:
- A new taskforce dedicated to helping those affected
- Plans to work with departments across government to gather evidence on behalf of immigrants – documentation for every year is usually expected, such as bank statements or payslips
- A pledge that all cases will be resolved in two weeks
- All fees for new documentation waived so people are not “out of pocket” – normally £229
- A new website will be set up with information and a direct contact point
This is the very least they could do.… Read on ...